The Personal Payphone is a real commercial payphone converted for home use. Now you can own your own piece of Americana.
The Personal Payphone is a real commercial payphone converted for home use. Now you can own your own piece of Americana. Have you ever used a payphone and thought to yourself, " That would be a great novelty idea for the pool room, family room, or office. What a conversation piece". Payphone.com is now offering a limited supply of refurbished commercial payphones for sale to the general public. These collectible quality pieces of American history and memorabilia can be yours for far less than you might expect.
Photos are for example purposes only, some features of the actual phone may differ (ie. vault door may be black instead of chrome ; instructions card plates may vary in color and design) Some phones may contain a volume control button, which is non functional
Refurbished condition phones are actual payphones that were pulled from service and then go through a refurbishing process. They either had paint in very good condition already or go through a repainting process. The chrome parts are either like-new or re-finished. The phones are fully tested and in overall very good cosmetic shape. Condition will vary slightly from one phone to another.
Used condition phones are actual payphones that were pulled from service, they have been cleaned and fully tested but are NOT repainted and the chrome parts are not typically refinished or replaced. Used phones may have significant signs of wear and the condition will vary from one phone to another.
FOR RECREATIONAL USE ONLY COIN DEPOSITS OPTIONAL - WORKS LIKE A BANK CANNOT BE PROGRAMMED TO CHARGE FOR CALLS
- Connects to existing wall jacks - requires an analog dial tone to operate.
- Converted for home use.
- Works like a normal phone.
- Ready to accept coins if you wish.
- Refurbished to working condition.
- Can be converted to a wall safe with the addition of locks. Securely store your valuables with the addition of the optional lock and key sets.
- These are real payphones built for and used by real telephone companies. Some phones have stampings or engravings of various telephone company names and/or logos.
- Refurbished and Used phones may come with black or chrome vault doors, based on availability and at our discretion. New chrome Verizon vault doors are available for either type (see vault door option).
Includes: T-Key, display cards, phone line, cuppler, four 1/4 x 20 mounting screws, 1/4 x 20 mounting studs
Add a phone sign for an authentic payphone setup Click here for available phone signs.
Western locks sold as optional add-on.
These are the real deal. Maybe your phone was from the corner of Main Street in "Small-town, USA" or from the International terminal of JFK Airport. Get your easy to install personal payphone before they are all gone.
Click Here For a full list of enclosures.
- Weight50 lbs
- Dimensions (L x W x H)24 x 10 x 10 inches
- ConditionRefurbished, Used
- Handset OptionsRed 52” Std. Carbon, Black 32” Std. Carbon, Black 52” Std. Carbon, Yellow 32” Std. Carbon, Yellow 52” Std. Carbon, Red 32” Std. Carbon
- LocksNone, Upper and Lower
- Vault Door OptionDefault, standard door, New Verizon Logo, SS door
- Mounting Option?No, Mounting Backplate
- Extra fields
- Warranty1 year
- Dimensions6"L x 7.5"W x 21"H
- Lead TimeUsually ships 5 to 7 business days
- Product TypeFor The Game Room
- Google Product CategoryElectronics > Communications > Telephony > Corded Phones
- ManufacturerG-TEL Enterprises, Inc.
- May 30, 2023, 10:47
If I choose the "Mounting Backplate" option for +$34.99 with this model, does that include the mounting hardware as well? I know there is a separate store item for mounting backplate for 24.99 that does NOT include the mounting hardware, so I was wondering if this one does for the difference in price.May 31, 2023, 10:24
When purchasing any of our payphones the mounting hardware is included.
- May 26, 2023, 04:38
Does the unit require its own power supply to work or will it function and ring with simply the phone cable attached?May 26, 2023, 17:42
A standard phone line would power the phone. Some VOIP lines do not have sufficient power to ring the 60V bells but will still function for incoming and outgoing calls.
- May 25, 2023, 04:13
I have been looking at the Personal Payphone on your products page as a functional decorative for my home Arcade. I just wanted to know if the Personal Payphone product is already converted and ready to be hooked up to an active RJ11 phone line without need for the conversion kit. Also, what does the ringer sound like? Is it a standard old phone ringer or is it one you guys refurb it with? Is there a sample video or anything out there? ThanksMay 25, 2023, 10:36
The Personal Payphone is already converted and ready for home use. It does have an RJ-11 plug inside for a standard phone line service. The phone has bells for the ringers and will sound like a classic phone.
- May 9, 2023, 12:39
I have an old phone booth that had a phone in it... well part of a phone, the mounting plate and back 1/2 of the phone were in it. I would like to purchase a phone from you for personal use (not a public phone).
My question is do I need to have the keys and access to the locks in order to mount the phone? It is in a Church youth room so I will not need to lock it.
Also, I would like one that is beat up to match the condition of the booth if possible. I would prefer one with graffiti, or paint flacking off as long as you can make a call.
Obviously as a youth pastor I have to ask if you have any cheaper options if I want a phone that is beat up.
Never hurts to ask
Thank you for your time.
KeithMay 9, 2023, 13:06
The Personal Payphone is the perfect option. The phone is set up to operate as a regular phone without the need to deposit coins. Coins can be deposited and are routed straight to the coin box
- Apr 20, 2023, 15:24
Do these units come with the keys to open the unit and make changes to the interior mechanisms?May 9, 2023, 13:00
The phone comes with a T-key to access the phone's internals. When adding the lock options it will also include keys
- Larry LathanMar 6, 2023, 12:00One of the best companies ever delt with product was perfect great customer serviceG-Tel EnterprisesJun 4, 2023, 18:59**Thank you Larry. It was our pleasure speaking and assisting you as well. We are glad you are part of the G-Tel Family****
- Annette MarinoJan 19, 2023, 12:00Bought a pay phone for a gift. The large selection on your website was what caught my attention. Prices were very reasonable, and offered specific choices( locks etc.) that certainly enhanced the buying experience. delivery was within the week, very pleased with the phone.G-Tel EnterprisesJun 4, 2023, 18:59**thank you for the awesome review and making us a part of your gift giving experience.
- Peter RaySep 6, 2022, 12:00I love my personal payphone! I’ve wanted one since I was a little kid and I was finally able to get one thanks to payphone.com! Thank you for your wonderful review. Locks are available for personal payphones not sure why you opted not to receive them on your order. Please feel free to reach out to us always!!!!G-Tel EnterprisesJun 4, 2023, 18:59About as easy as mobile ordering from Chick-fil-A! Customer service was very helpful and they know that they are doing. It’s kinda crazy that payphone.com is pretty much the only way to get a payphone that works in as good of a condition where you get the most bang for your buck. Ordering and shipping was fast and I received mine within about a week and a half.
- Parker MatthewsApr 18, 2022, 12:00Such a great payphone, I absolutely love it. Everyone that comes into my and sees it the first thing they say is, “is that a payphone?” I’m like yes it is. Great phone, great costumer service. Thanks so much! I will be back.G-Tel EnterprisesJun 4, 2023, 18:59**We are pleased if you are pleased, We love to hear your feedback and yes we welcome your orders. Thanks again for the great review****
- Mitch PatenaudeMay 28, 2021, 12:00Works great, looks great, buy boy is this thing heavy. Be sure to get the t-bar to go with it, so you can open it up, which you'll need to do to get at the wiring to hook it up. Not a lot of instructions with it, but good customer service from the Tech.G-Tel EnterprisesJun 4, 2023, 18:59A great conversation starter. Also doubles as a piggy bank (be sure to get the t-bar if you want to use it that way.). Very solid and durable (as you would expect for a real payphone.)
Customers who bought this product also bought
Customers who viewed this product also bought