Payphone.com can program your Protel or Elcotel payphone regardless of where you purchased the phone.
Payphone.com can program your Protel or Elcotel payphone regardless of where you purchased the phone. You will need to re-initialize your payphone in order for us to be able to program it. An e-mail will be sent after your order with further instructions. Programming is done via download from our computer to your payphone.
In August 2019, the FCC released a mandate requiring telephone networks to sunset long-standing POTS phone line connections, requiring a full phase-out nationwide by August 2, 2022
Due to no longer having POTS line availability we now require payphone circuit boards to be shipped to us for programming. Shipping costs to the customer will be provided once boards are programmed.
- FREE Rate file included!
- Bring your payphone up to date with the latest local calling area rates.
- Change the rate or time limits charged on your payphone.
- Proper programming will help prevent fraudulent calls.
- Update your payphone with the newest area code releases.
- Weight0.5 lbs
- Circuit Board ModelProtel 2000, Elcotel 5502Q, Elcotel 5502W, Protel 310, Protel 7000, Protel 200BB+, Protel 4000/8000, Elcotel Series-5, Elcotel 5501
- LocalCallChargeFree, .25, .35, .50
- LocalCallLimit3 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, Unlimited
- LDChargeFree, .25, .50, .75, 1.00, Block/Deny
- LDLimit1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 5 minutes, Unlimited, Block/Deny
- IncomingYes, No
- InfoChargeFree, .50, .75, 1.00, 1.25, 1.50, 1.75, 2.00, 2.25
- PBXNo, Yes PBX Dial 9, Yes PBX Dial 8
- Extra fields
- Warranty1 time only
- Lead TimeUsually within 1 to 3 business days
- Product TypePay Phones
- Google Product CategoryElectronics > Communications > Telephony > Corded Phones
- ManufacturerG-TEL Enterprises, Inc.
- NickFeb 10, 2023, 12:00I'm very happy with payphone.com. Everyone I've spoken with has always been very helpful. I had acquired an old phone that needed to be reprogrammed. I sent the board in, payphone.com programmed it and sent it back. I put it the board in my old Protel 2000 and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much for keeping these old phones alive. It's very much appreciated for me and future generations to know what payphones were.G-Tel EnterprisesOct 1, 2023, 07:44**Thanks Nick. We truly appreciate the awesome review. We could not agree more. Perfectly put!!!
- Marco GarciaMay 1, 2022, 12:00Ordered with my Elcotel Series-5 board to replace my Series-4 to comply with current telephone regulations.G-Tel EnterprisesOct 1, 2023, 07:44Comes with an operator service so I don't have to look for one, which saves me plenty of time. Long-distance and directory rates are set as I wanted them to be. Would recommend it to anyone looking to reprogram a commercial payphone. Great service from payphone.com!