Payphone Conversion Kit
Re-create a piece of history for your home with the Payphone Conversion Kit Designed to fit most GTE/Quadrum Style Payphones, the G-Tel PP-Kit is used to convert your payphone to a coin-less analog telephone for home use. Payphones represent a less complicated and slower paced lifestyle of a bygone era. Sadly, today’s children will never know the joy of finding a quarter in the coin return of a payphone but they can experience the novelty of having a payphone in their home.
Re-create a piece of history for your home with the Payphone Conversion Kit
Conversion kit only, payphone not included
Designed to fit most GTE/Quadrum Style Payphones, the G-Tel PP-Kit converts your payphone to a coin-less analog telephone for home use. GTE/Quadrum style payphones have the coin return on the lower right front of the payphone (shown here). If your coin return slot is on the left side, you own a Western style payphone and this kit will not work for you.
Payphones represent a less complicated and slower-paced lifestyle of a bygone era. Sadly, today’s children will never know the joy of finding a quarter in the coin return of a payphone but they can experience the novelty of having a payphone in their home.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the keys to your payphone, you will need to work inside the phone. Payphone keys are not replaceable or duplicated. If you do not have the keys you will need to drill out the locks to access the upper housing.
PP-Kit includes: Keypad assembly with the circuit board and piezoelectric ringer
Add on Ringer: A single in-line true bell ringer to complete the authentic sound for your payphone.
Looking to install your new Conversion Kit? Our customer step-by-step tutorial on YouTube has got you covered! Follow along with the seamless installation process. Click the link here to access the video
*All payphones, even those re-furbished for home use, require a standard analog dial tone. Please read the product descriptions carefully, and call us with questions before ordering. Specific applications are at your own discretion.
Technical Specifications: Telephone line powered. 24 VDC to 56 VDC. Loop current range: 22 mA to 90 mA. B-1 (POTS) line, loop start, standard dial tone 600/120 Hz
- Weight4 lbs
- Extra fields
- Warranty1 Year
- Lead TimeUsually ships within 3-5 business days
- ManufacturerG-tel Enterprise
- Google Product CategoryElectronics > Communications > Telephony > Corded Phones
- Jul 27, 2023, 10:41
Am I able to talk make an receive calls on it?
How dose this come in the package, is it a complete phone as the show or is it parts or a kit for you ad to an existing phone.Jul 27, 2023, 10:45
These come as a kit that is meant to fit an existing Quad/GTE style phone. The kit replaces the existing keypad in the phone and gives you the ability to make and receive calls with a standard phone line.
- Jul 17, 2023, 10:51
Does this generate DTMF tones?Jul 21, 2023, 10:48
Yes, the conversion kit will have DTMF tones with power from the phone line.
- Eric WoodmanJul 26, 2023, 02:47Easy conversion of pay phone to standard phone
- Nicholas JevneFeb 13, 2023, 12:00I had a phone that had all of it's internal parts removed except the handset. This "payphone conversion kit" got this phone working again. Now it's a great conversation piece and anyone can make a call on it now. Thanks for having such a variety of items to get these old phones working again.G-Tel EnterprisesOct 1, 2023, 07:09**Thanks Nicholas we love hearing from our customers and thanks for taking the time to post such a great review for our G-Tel Family***
- Wiley WestAug 12, 2021, 12:00The key pad was easy to install and worked great. I did take a bell ringer out of an desk phone and it works with the conversion kit too. **Thank you for the awesome review. We are glad that this install was not complicated and great idea on the bell ringer*****
- AnthonyOct 18, 2020, 13:00My son loves pay phones and a friend of the family gave him an old pay phone with all the keys. He really wanted to use the pay phone as his regular phone. This conversion kit works great! He’s one happy 14 year-old! Thanks!G-Tel EnterprisesOct 1, 2023, 07:09Very easy to install! He installed it himself while I was at work!